If you play hard and have suffered a sports injury, our team at Goldberg Chiropractic in Syosset offers the kind of understanding and effective treatment to heal your injury and get you back to competing as quickly, safely, and effectively as possible.
Some Common Sports-Related Injuries Our Chiropractor Treats
- Sprains and Strains – A sprain occurs when ligaments are stretched too far or torn. We most frequently treat sprains in our patients' wrists and ankles. A sprain can trigger painful bruising and swelling, and often results in a temporary loss of joint movement. Strains most commonly occur in the back and/or hamstrings.
- Swollen Muscles – When muscles swell, they can cause a tough membrane called the fascia to fill. Since the fascia cannot expand, nerves, and blood vessels and are placed under pressure. This effect, known as compartment syndrome, can happen as a result of a one-time muscle injury or as a result of repeated muscle strain.
- Knee Injuries – Athletes and weekend warriors alike suffer knee injuries every day. Both competitive runners and even casual joggers can develop “runner’s knee,” a condition that results in tenderness near the knee cap.
- Achilles Tendon Injuries – This tendon stretches from the heel to the calf muscle and can be torn during athletic activity. Achilles Tendon injuries often occur due to a lack of regular stretching.
- Shin Splints – Competitive and non-competitive runners alike often experience this painful condition. A shin splint creates pain that runs along the shinbone. Shin splints most often arise due to a failure to warm up correctly or the use of shoes that do not provide adequate support.
What To Do After a Sports Injury
You should not attempt to “push through the pain” following a sports injury. If you have experienced a sports injury in Syosset or the surrounding areas, consider chiropractic care at our clinic. Our chiropractor will assess the state of your musculoskeletal system before creating a chiropractic care plan tailored to your needs. Through chiropractic care, we will both ease your pain and heal your sports injury.
Sports Injury Treatment in Syosset
We provide expert sports injury treatment to the catering to the residents of Syosset, Oyster Bay, Woodbury, Jericho, Hicksville, Plainville, Bayville, Huntington, and the surrounding areas. Call us at (516) 921-3566 to learn more about the treatment of sports injuries or schedule an appointment.